Darkening Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At The Edge

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

At The Edge - Page 2 Empty Re: At The Edge

Post by Scratch Mon May 25, 2020 1:58 am

Redstreak nodded. It was a rather amazing feat of technology. It was amazing that they could do so much with so little to start with.

"Well, I what are we waiting for? Let's get this show on the road!" He said marking his overconfidence in all things.

Scratch
Admin

https://darkeningstars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:21 am

Liam nodded.
"The code is simple enough. I've already set it up for everyone, we simply have to press the submit button at the same time. Biometric scanners verified our identities when we entered. Then, we watch and wait."
Mudflap pointed to the tall window spanning the circumference of the building. "It'll be a hell of a sight. "
John, Liam, and Mudflap moved to their consoles, and made ready to press the enter key.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 pm

"Amazing....they could pack such an awesome thing into something as simple as a press of a button." He smirked and laughed quietly. "It's kinda anti-climactic actually, you think something like this would be more......cinematic."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:08 pm

As everyone stood at their console, Liam started the countdown. A number flashed on each console, counting down from ten four.
"Three... Two... One..."
As everyone pressed their activation runes, a noise came from the pillar.
Outside the window, two dozen thick cables about a foot in diameter started rapidly branching out in every direction. Between each two cables, more narrower cables started to reach out to the right, forming a lattice from cable to cable. They alternated between dark metal lattice growing in fractal patterns and porous metal pipes which started pumping an unidentified vapor low about itself.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:14 am

Redstreak watched in awe. True, he had seen a greater bit of the universe than most others had, but the wonder of watching a planet changed from its original nature to something sought after by those of intellect was something amazing. He watched as the vapor poured out of the giant pillars and escaped into the atmosphere.

He sighed absentmindedly.

"It's a thing of wonder, isn't it." He said to no one in particular.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:41 am

Mudflap appeared next to Redstreak.
"Aye, it is. This is a process that will take a while for the organic elements, but we can begin to work the cyberformed segments immediately. The general consensus has been to set up housing for us Cybertronians in our sections, leaving the HQ for the humans for the time being. It falls within organic land, and we should begin to manage the steps adjacent immediately. While the organic stages are working, we are each allowed to form one building per day, in order to save energy for the terraforming. I'll take the strip to the east, you take the strip to the west."
As they watched, the cybernetic land closest to the terraforming silo sprouted upward as long snaking tendrils, and coalesced into buildings that could host a number of Autobots at once.
"Commissions buildings. Each one controls the cybernetic earth on which it stands. It's there that we build from. "
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:15 am

Redstreak continued to watch as the awe he had initially experience faded into normalcy. Lot of good he could do now. Sit and wait. Sit and wait. That's what this suddenly felt like. Not much he could do from where he sat.

Just sit and wait.

He suddenly found himself if there were any good holos to watch in the colonies database.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Fri May 07, 2021 9:56 am

Mudflap clapped Redstreak on the shoulder, knocking him out of his reverie on potential pastimes.
"Come on, each of our sections has a commissions building. Let's figure out how they work! I've never seen the inside of one. "
He walked out of the terraforming silo, into the changed environment.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Redstreak nodded. "Seems more interesting than sitting around here watching the moss grow". He would have loved for that to be a joke, but in this case it might just be what he had to look forward to.

He looked around briefly and followed Mudflap out of the silo.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Mon May 24, 2021 10:16 am

Mudflap and Redstreak came to the door of the commissions building. Mudflap inserted a tendril that extended from his vambrace into the door panel.
"Our personal codes identify us as city commissioners. We are a very few people with access to these buildings."
The door hissed open, and a well lit room opened in front of them. Off the large central room were a number of doors which looked to be leading to large office sized spaces.
The Autobot symbol was emblazoned on each door.
Mudflap walked up to a door, and pressed a button. The door scanned him, and his name appeared on the door.
He chuckled, and turned to Redstreak.
"I guess this one's mine, now. These are our offices. From here, we run the city."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:21 pm

Redstreak looked at the different doors and wondered which one he would choose. He picked one not far from Mudflap's, but not close enough where they were intimate neighbors. He pressed the button just as Mudflap did and watched the door mimic Mudflaps door.

"I guess I'll take this one." He peered in quickly. "When do we call the decorator?" He smirked jokingly.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Mudflap found a control panel built into a wall in his own office, and interfaced with it. He found a list of furnishings, and selected the ones that suited him best. A desk with a work console built into the surface, a refreshment storage unit, and a recliner in the corner. As he selected them, and placed them on the digital Floorplan of the room, they started to form from the floor, as one might expect.
It would do nicely, until he decided he might need something different.
He exited his office, and moved to the doorway of Redstreaks.
"Our layouts are customizable... interface with the wall console and you'll see what I mean. "
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:10 am

Redstreak glanced at the panel then scratched his head as he approached it and flipped through the premade layouts. He picked the most functional, yet appealing layouts. "Interesting tech you have access to here." He laughed lightly. "I suppose when you can change worlds, you can decorate an office?"

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:05 am

Mudflap laughed,
"Haven't spent much time on Cybertron, have you? This is standard Cybertronian modularity. Simply an extension of the same tech that allows us to swap our fingers out for tools, or our hands out for grinders. Anyway, these are our offices, from where we will oversee development of the planet. Why not go check out and familiarize yourself with the command console? "
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:20 pm

((OOC: Hah, never thought of that one. That is a good point.))

"Hah, you do have a point. I just didn't think I'd see it in the hands of a human colony." He walked back over to his room and plopped into his chair and kicked up his feet. "Well, where to start?" He looked at the console his feet now resided on curiously.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Mudflap prompted a communications screen to form on the majority of the empty wall. It was designed for visual communication while seated at his desk, and he sent a schematic and prompt to Redstreak via his command console. Upon receipt and acceptance, his code would cause a similar screen to appear on the cleared wall in Redstreaks office.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:57 pm

Redstreak entered his code and accepted the request. He sent a reply to Mudflap. "Too lazy to knock on my door?" He said with a laugh.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:16 pm

Mudflap let out a short bark of a laugh.
"Is easier to do my work from in here, and this way we can discuss the route of expansion that our little backwater is going to take. They won't start sending colonists until we have infrastructure in place. You and I, Redstreak... we are part of the council of the planet. You're in charge of planetary security. You may want to familiarize yourself with security protocols, and consider how to incorporate safety and defensability into our domain."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum