Darkening Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

2 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

Post by Scratch Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:18 pm

The chief engineer, Ivanova Tosovich, sat behind her desk so deeply emersed in whatever was on her tablet that she didn't even notice the pair walk into her office. She muttered what Comeau could have sworn were a string of curses in Russian. It wasn't until Ryan cleared his throat that Ivanova realized there was someone in the room.

"This better be important. I have reams of data to sort through and there isn't enough time in the day." When she finally did look up she sighed and stood slowly. "So who have you brought me to show off the wonders of human engineering this time?"

Ryan smiled and kept quiet.

Scratch
Admin

https://darkeningstars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

Post by jesatanus Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Comeau extended his hand, and introduced himself.
"Kyle Comeau. I'm here to check on your progress reports, before the ship is cleared. May I see them?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:11 pm

"Check my reports?" Ivonova started, almost insulted then paused. "Comeau...Comeau...why does that sound familiar?"

Ryan grinned as the realization dawned on her and she quickly straightened up and saluted her new commander and absently dropped her pad to the floor which fell with a soft bounce.

"Uhm of course commander! You'll have to accept my appologies." She cursed in Russian under her breath. "I didn't know you were conducting a tour of the ship." She absently glared at Ryan. "If I had known..."

Ryan, of course, looked like he couldn't have been happier and this, of course, made Comeau think that there was something between the two that he didn't quite know about.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Comeau smiled, and picked up the pad,
"Don't worry about it. I myself didn't figure I would be touring the ship today, either, until about half an hour ago, or so. I just want to know what sort of power and movement we're going to have with this bird. I hear it's state-of-the-art technology, but I would prefer to hear it from the one in charge of keeping it flying."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Ivanova glared at Ryan with a intensity that could have burned hotter than a billion supernovae. "Of course sir. The Tenacious, if you don't mind my saying so is a wonder. Our engines are capable of making us the fastest ship in the fleet... And once I fine tune them... As per regulations, she'll be even more maneuverable. Our fusion plant is capable of producing more than enough power with a decent reserve to shunt to the engines in case of emergency."

Ryan interrupted seeing an opportunity to regain some face. "Yes sir, the chief is brilliant when it comes to finding the most out of her ships systems. If you'll notice she already has the Tenacious running at peak efficiency and I'm sure she'll find some way to pull more out of her once we're under way."

Comeau heard a soft grumble fill the room as Ivanova spoke under her breath. "We'd have more but the Damn regs are holding me back."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Comeau raised an eyebrow,
"What was that about being held back? If you have an issue, I'd like to know before we're an island in space. Sound good?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:59 pm

"I thint what chief was trying to say, sir..." Ryan started.

"I can speak for myself, Thomas." Ivanova said almost angrily. "Safety regulations don't permit me to pass certain margins even though the ships systems can handle way more than they're speced for. The Marine of safety are way too broad. To be frank, sir, this ship is capable of doing so much more if the damn pencil pushers back home didn't need a safety stamp on everything."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

The skipper nodded, understandingly.
"I understand the issue. For now, we'll play their game. This doesn't mean that we will always stick to the books, though."
He threw a glance at Ryan.
"Whatever we need to survive. Could be that we are riding into the wild west out there."

He looked back at the chief.
"We play the game, for now. You might have your chance to do some... 'testing' on the engine parameters, while we're in the field, though. What is our current maximum speed, on that note?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Ivanova smiled. "All by the books..." Her voice trailed off. "We won't rightly know until we set off and test the engines, but with enough sustained thrust we can make a percentage of light speed. Then there's always the slipstream drive."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Comeau nodded.
"So, fast enough but not really fast enough. I understand. Well, once we're not under as much of a microscope, we'll have some wiggle room. For now, we'll stick with what we have.
On that note, on the Engineering side, are we almost ready for liftoff?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:51 pm

"Yes sir." Ivanova nodded. "We're ready for our maiden trip. We're just running double checks on crucial systems. Our FTL drive is running at peak efficiency according to our Ftl engineer. And all other systems are well in the green."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Comeau smiled.
"Excellent. I must be going now, though. That will be all."
He turned to Ryan, "shall we continue? I'm sure they're is plenty more of the staff to get acquainted with."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Ivanova saluted. "I can tell it's going to be a pleasure working under you, sir."

Ryan turned and headed for the main entryway. "What do you want to see next? We could head to the weapons Bay. Maybe meet the special ops team that's been assigned to us. Or we could head to the bridge and make sure you know your way around before we set out."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:23 pm

Comeau nodded to Ivanovna.
"Likewise, I'm sure."

He turned back to Ryan.
"I'm hoping for all of the above, before we head out. Which is closest to our current location?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 am

"Weapons battery and the cargo bay where the spec ops team has been using to train is the closest." Ryan begins making his way down the Hall towards one of the aft cargo bays. "I guess we'll make our way to the cargo bay and you can meet some of our Cowboys." he grinned out of the corner of his lips. "I've met a few of them personally in some of the off duty areas of the station. They seem like a hard partying bunch."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:13 am

Comeau followed, listening intently to the information. Could be very useful to know this about his special operations crew.
"I see. I hope this isn't going to be a re-hash of my freshman year. We could have some decent business to worry about."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:52 am

"They're a disciplined bunch, they just like their fun, I suppose. I watched them during one of their maneuvers, frankly, I'm glad to have them aboard." Ryan said as he made his way to the cargo bay. Ryan smirked as they made it to the cargo bay. "You must have had some interesting times in school."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Comeau chuckled.
"Oh, no more than any other science student. Parties and studying, really. A couple of fights, of course. Many people believed students to be cowards, for not joining the war effort.
We students, especially the freshmen, were out to prove them wrong. I suppose I've had my fair share of unnecessary bar brawls. Shall we?"
he indicated the door.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:24 pm

"Excuse my franks sir, but I never would have counted you as a fighter." Ryan stopped at the door to the cargo bay. "I'm glad you didn't turn out to be some prissy beaurocrat."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Comeau laughed a short laugh, "This was during the war. Everyone in Canada was a fighter of some sort... Except the politicians. They claimed that they were fighting, but they were ignoring the body counts. I suppose that's their job, though. And I might not be some prissy bureaucrat, but quite frankly, I'll turn down a fight if I can. No sense wasting all of our lives over ego."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm

As the door slid open and Ryan and Comeau stepped in it quickly became obvious the team had quite thoroughly taken over the cargo bay. They had turned the large space into a very well equipped training facility. Though the ship had fully equipped exercise facilities, the special forces commander had apparently seen to it to create his own training facility in the cargo bay with no authorization from Comeau or Ryan. Though Ryan seemed to care little about it.

"Officer on deck!" echoed through the bay as one of the soldiers noticed the captain and without a seconds notice the team of 12 had stopped what they were doing and snapped to attention.

A man wearing regulation training shorts and a beard stepped forward. "Captain Comeau, I assume?" He gave a salute which could only have been described as textbook.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Comeau addressed the man who had stepped forward,
"At ease, and at your service. Am I correct in assuming that you are in command of the Special Ops crew?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:43 pm

The men and women all went at ease in a single synchronized movement that could have only come from years of practice and training. "Yes sir." The commander of the team stood at ease. "Michael Ventura, sir. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, sir."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Comeau held his hand out for a shake.
"Likewise. How long did it take you to set all of this training area up?"

He looked around him, taking in all of the setup that had been done.
"More importantly, were we to need use of this for, say, cargo storage, how long would it take to tear down? I have no problem with you having set up shop here, but this room does have a legitimate purpose."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:54 pm

"To be honest, sir, I pulled a few strings to get the equipment ASAP. I would have liked to set up a kill house, but obviously that's not feasible. As far as breaking this up, sir, if you need to you can flush it all out into space." He shifted his weight slightly. "Sir, I specifically chose this Bay because it's the smallest cargo area. If you need it that's fine, but I'll have to ask we have something set up to keep my team on a razors edge."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next