Darkening Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

2 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

Post by jesatanus Tue May 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Comeau thought about the question.
"I suppose I hadn't considered how it had affected me. Being one of the first attacked hasn't offered me many tactical insights, no more than any other crews..."
He thought further, and stroked his beard.
"On a personal level, sir, I am uneasy. There are a lot of people down there who are either dead or dying. However, I have a job to do. If I do my job well, there may be a chance. I am lucky. My parents died during the war. I never married. I may be one of the less affected people out here. Doesn't mean it doesn't trouble the hell out of me."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

Post by Scratch Tue May 20, 2014 9:03 pm

"Honestly, I would be worried if you weren't affected. No man should look at the potential death of his race without being somehow affected." He sighed heavily. "This mission will bring a lot of firsts... First contacts with aliens... Now that we know they're out there, I imagine a lot more than I'm not smart enough to describe. Think you're prepared?"

Scratch
Admin

https://darkeningstars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 20, 2014 9:13 pm

"I don't think it would be possible to be... Prepared for this. I think it's important to remember that there are no choices here. We have to find some cure."
Comeau sighed.
"It's affected everyone. I have to be willing to move on, just as much as the next man. I feel it is also important to consider diplomacy with other races, if we encounter any that are different than the ones who attacked."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 20, 2014 9:37 pm

"Agreed. And you may also have to make some difficult choices." He stood and saluted the captain. "I do not envy, captain, for the task you have been given, but I assure you history will not forget what you do from here on out."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Comeau stood and faced the admiral with a salute.
"I'll do my best, sir. Thank you." With that, he turned and left the admiral's office, and traveled in the direction of the dock. He was going back to his ship, to meet this telepath and prepare the crew.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 20, 2014 11:25 pm

Comeau didnt have to wait long for his meeting. The telepath had been notified of the meeting the moment Comeau had left the office. Preparations for her moving onto the ship had been made before the ship had even docked.

Sylvia Walden had been waiting for him in the ships meeting room. She was wearing a simple business dress adorned only with her badge indicating her existence as a telepath. She also wore the black gloves which were another hallmark of office.

She rose slowly. "Good afternoon, ccaptain . she spoke formally, but without the normal inflection of a military officer, which was natural because she was a civilian. "I was told I needed your approval before I could be attached to this mission." There was a unique inflection when she pronounced the word approval. Whether it was anger because of insult or some other underlying cause Comeau could not tell.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Comeau extended his hand for a shake.
"Pleasure to meet you. And yes, you do technically need my approval, just as any member of my crew does. Keep in mind, though, this meeting is largely a formality. I assume that you have been briefed on the nature of our mission, so I have no doubt that you understand that in light of current... Events... We could certainly use someone on board qualified to assist in the mental well being of the crew. I have only a few questions, if you don't mind. Please, take a seat." At the last words, comeau took a seat opposite Sylvia.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Wed May 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Sylvia took his hand gingerly. "Captain, you don't have to play the politically correct game... I understand that my kind aren't exactly wanted company to be around." She sat down. "I'm sure you reviewed my file. My qualifications are undoubtedly the best you'll find for someone willing to launch themselves to the end of the Galaxy."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Thu May 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Comeau smiled at her. "Well, then. You seem to be starting out on the defensive. I haven't had time to review your file yet. I came straight from the Admiral's office to meet you. I prefer talking to people over reading about them. It's just who I am. When I ask about your qualifications, I am sincere, and not talking about your telepathy. I will talk to you about that in a moment. Fair enough?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu May 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Sylvia seemed to settle a bit but it didn't take a telepath to figure out that she was far from comfortable and calm. "Most people wouldn't exactly get as far as even reading the file let alone asking for a meeting."

She crossed her legs and then ffolded her hands in her lap. "Well ask away."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Thu May 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Comeau sighed, "You want to travel, here's your chance. Now, as I said, I haven't read your file. What exactly are your qualifications?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat May 24, 2014 12:56 am

"I wouldn't exactly call this mission traveling." She leaned back in her chair. "My qualifications are undoubtedly the best you'll be able to find. I received my psyche degree from Princeton and received my telepathic training from the Academy. I have a degree in Psychological Trauma as well as various specialties in the telepathic field which you wouldn't understand."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat May 24, 2014 1:03 am

Comeau raised his eyebrow. "I may not understand them at the moment, but it might be helpful if you try to explain them, please. "
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun May 25, 2014 12:13 pm

She sighed as if she was hoping that her warning would ward off questions. "Think of the mind as a notebook... Every memory is a page, good or bad. I specialize in skills that allow me to tear out some of those pages. I can also read those pages and make sure nothing damaging is on them. It's a difficult and dangerous skill to master. Both for the patient and the telepath. "

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sun May 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Comeau nodded thoughtfully. "And in case it were necessary, is there any way to place memories back, or fabricate new ones?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon May 26, 2014 12:04 pm

"What you ask is very difficult and, as you know highly illegal under UE law. But to answer your question, yes I can." She shifted in her seat showing her first obvious sign of discomfort. "Why do you ask?"

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Mon May 26, 2014 3:32 pm

"I just want to know what you are technically capable of. Curiosity. I have little experience with telepaths, but I have a great interest." Comeau sat back in his chair. "None of what I ask will be broadcast, if you would prefer it remain that way, and if you are uncomfortable, I do not need to ask you about your telepathy. Now, Princeton, you say? That is excellent. Have you any experience?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon May 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Sylvia nodded. "I worked in a prison when I first graduated. I gave sanctioned behavioral engram remodeling treatments. As well as normal psychiatric treatments."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Wed May 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Comeau nodded. "Very good. Now, I would love to give you a more exhaustive interview, but I believe that this ship should be getting underway. Are you ready to go, or do you need a little time? I would like to have you get to know some of the crew, and get a sense of the mental health of the crew. Does this sound good to you?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat May 31, 2014 1:45 am

"Fortunately, not having many belongings means I'm able to move at a moments notice. I've already arranged to have my belongings moved. I'm only waiting for a room assignment." She stood and straightened her suit jacket. "I'll begin reviewing the files once you give me clearance. Is that all, captain?"

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Sat May 31, 2014 1:28 pm

Comeau nodded, "Dismissed. I'll see to it that you can access the files."
With that, Comeau stood up. "We leave in five hours, if at all possible."
He walked out the door, and headed for the bridge, to make the announcement.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8