Darkening Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

2 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

Post by Scratch Tue May 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Ryan relayed orders and took over control of coordinating the attack of the vessels that had joined them. In action, Comeau now saw why Ryan was appointed as his executive command officer. Ryan demonstrated a keen tactical strategy and an intense ability to manage multiple situations at once. Under his command, Ryan cycled less damaged ships to take the place of the badly damaged vessels in such a way that all the ships were tactically effective while still being well protected.

As some of the vessels managed to breach Earth's atmosphere. On the main screen, Comeau watched helplessly as the enemy ships that managed to break the line began spraying.... Something... Into the atmosphere.

"What the hell are they doing!?" Ryan said through gritted teeth.

Scratch
Admin

https://darkeningstars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode 1: First Day's are a Bitch

Post by jesatanus Wed May 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Comeau turned in his seat,
"Communications. Broadcast to all channels on earth that evacuation of open air is vital. Underground bunkers and escape vessels must be boarded immediately. Sensors, I want to know what they are spraying. Find it. Weapons: Fire on the ships that are spraying. Those shields won't let our firepower through, I doubt they'll let some gas through. They must stop."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri May 09, 2014 10:09 pm

The ships that Comeau had ordered to be targeted, the ships that were releasing the spray into the atmosphere, had to drop their shields in order to release the gas. This made them far more vulnerable and it wasn't long before many of them took heavy damage and were destroyed.

Unfortunately, there were many ships which had entered the atmosphere and were releasing the unknown gas into the atmosphere.

The sensors officer took a moment. "Sir, we don't have anything capable of analysing the spray. We would have to take atmospheric samples and analyze them in a lab."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Fri May 09, 2014 10:50 pm

Comeau cursed under his breath.
"Damn. Communications, make sure that message gets out. Weapons, let's keep at those ships. Let's get a probe to grab some samples of that gas."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri May 09, 2014 11:37 pm

Ryan glanced at the captain, "with all due respect, sir, shouldn't we be more worried about blowing those mother fuckers out of the sky?"

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Mon May 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Comeau turned on Ryan.
"With all due respect, commander, that is what I have tasked our fine weapons officer with. Now, we also need to know what the hell our atmosphere is being pumped with, or our mission might turn into a search for a new home for anyone who might actually make it to an escape vessel. For those who are hiding in bunkers, we need to be able to tell them NOW, so that they don't have to leave safety to figure out what it is. As it stands, we don't know how many have died, so we need to multitask the little task of collecting a sample from a probe while we... Blow these mother fuckers out of the sky. Make sense? We don't know what that shit is going to do to our mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and children on the planet.
I stand by my orders. Continue firing on them, and get a probe in there. There's still a whole fleet that isn't planetside that's going to be a whole lot tougher to stop, and we don't know if we're going to make it, so let's give the planet a chance."
Comeau turned back to the screen, his expression turned grim, and he counted the remaining ships pumping gas into his planet.
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Ryan settled back down in his chair, his training having reasserted itself over his sheer anger, and began doling out orders to the various stations.

The science station took over the command of launching a probe. Soon one of the many projectiles in the atmosphere was one of the ships probes; it's trajectory took it directly into the thickest of the clouds. Once it made its collection it's rockets cut out and it began to fall into the atmosphere. A parachute opened moments later and it fell safely somewhere into the ocean.

The ships soon began pumping more and more of the gas into the atmosphere. The concentrated fire of the fleet was taking out numerous ships, but not quickly enough to stop the mass dumping of whatever it was into the atmosphere.

Moments later ships began leaving the atmosphere. Not military ships or enemy ships, but evacuation ships. Large transports filled with women and children who were lucky enough to make it to a ship. Not long after that bright plumes filled the air where the evacuation ships had been. Hostile ships that had finished dumping their cargo into the air were now protected again by their shields and we're targeting escaping human ships.

Ryan gritted his teeth. "Sir, they're targeting the evac ships." His nails dug into the foam of his seat. "Orders?"

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Comeau was satisfied with the probe's mission being completed. "Helm, intercept course. Communications, inform those ships who are with us to follow suit. Weapons, target the ships closest to the evacuation ships, and take them down."
Comeau turned to the science officer as an afterthought, "Have we gathered telemetry from the probe? If we have, send it to the appropriate authorities on Earth."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 13, 2014 8:19 pm

"Aye, Aye sir." Answered communications.

The communications officer nodded to himself. "Yes sir. The probe is transmitting a retrieval signal."

Ryan looked like he was About to rip the armrests off his chair. Meanwhile, the weapons officer was busy targeting the vessels attacking the evac ships. With the ability to launch nuclear warheads as he was able to before when they were in space taken away, the weapons officer was forced to use conventional warheads which made the attack that much more ineffective.

The enemy vessels were blowing the evac ships out of the sky with impunity and suffering little damage in return.

It wasn't much longer until more hostile vessels joined the attack as they finished discharging their loads into the atmosphere. It wasn't much longer after that until the enemy vessels turned and began to leave the atmosphere. They were still firing at anything they could target with their rearward facing weaponry, but it was clear they were now more concerned about making a retreat.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Comeau grit his teeth in frustration. "Commander. It seems as though they are attempting to either get out of here, or regroup. We can hardly harm them, and I doubt they are planning on leaving without wiping us out... Suggestions. On that note, Suggestions from all personnel are more than welcome at this point."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Ryan glanced over at Comeau with a mixture of sheer anger and worry in his eyes. "Sir, it is in my professional opinion that we stay behind and help in rescue efforts." He sighed. "Those are our boys out there and it seems like they're happy with the damage they've done... As much as I want to chase those bastard down to the ends of the Galaxy, but we can't do much to hurt them with those shields... Cost vs benefit."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Comeau sighed and nodded. "Agreed. Helm, pull back, and issue the command to do the same. Communications, inform all evac vessels that have not lifted off yet to remain where they are until further notice. All stations, remain vigilant, in case they are not quite finished with their assault."
He turned to the science officer. "I want a detailed analysis of what those bastards were pumping into the atmosphere, as fast as you can get it. We need to know what is going on out there, and I want potential solutions."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 13, 2014 8:46 pm

The comms officer looked grim. "Sir, the order was already given by command. All vessels are grounded. They're ordering us to maintain a line against any vessels leaving orbit. They're also ordering us to fire upon any vessel that leaves orbit. They're saying they don't know what they pumped into the atmosphere, but they know it's not good and probably infectious. Earth is officially under quarantine. "

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Comeau shook his head. "Well. Then I suppose that is what we do. Helm, put us in line, and maintain. Science, have we any of our own information on the substance? What does the telemetry read?"
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 13, 2014 8:56 pm

"The probes waiting for pickup in the Pacific. I've notified Earth biochem about it. They'll be arranging pickup."

Ryan leaned over to Comeau and spoke in a whisper. "Sir, are we really about to turn our guns on our own people? They're just trying to save themselves."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Comeau looked at Ryan, "We hail first, fire later. It could, for all we know, be some psychoactive agent acting on our people. We have no clue what it is. I want to see if we can get our own information on that substance. I'm wondering if there is some way to fire a probe and retrieve it ourselves, without breaking the line. Hook a small probe to a cord, and reel it in, or something. I don't know what to think, honestly, until I know what it is. Could be some pathogen, chemical, hell, it could be some sort of alien spores, for all we know."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 13, 2014 9:17 pm

"We'd have to enter atmosphere for that and I think that would ground us on the wrong side of the quarantine." The science officer replied.

The crew waited with baited breath as they stood on the line.

"No offense sir... But this waiting around turning our guns on our own rubs me the wrong way. I'd rather be out there rescuing sailors. They are out there dying." That last word was almost dripping with insubordination, but given the situation one could almost understand why.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Comeau grimaced, and then had an idea. "Find us the wreckage of a ship. We can collect samples from that. A ship that has been in the atmosphere, preferably. We need to collect samples of both alien technology, and samples of the gas. Some should remain. We need to do this fast. Scan the area for alien debris, and get ready to grapple it in. I need a science team ready. Seal off and quarantine an empty cargo bay for the purpose." he looked at Ryan.
"We know nothing about any of this, commander. We need to know more. I'd also like to know some more about our enemy. If there's some way that they're tampering with our communications, or sending messages with our own signatures, then we need to know. It would also explain the command."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue May 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Ryan looked unhappy with his orders and the latest turn of events, but his training was triumphing over his emotions. "Aye sir. Permission to go with the search party if we find a suitable ship? I hate siting here doing nothing."

The sensors officer was busy cutting through all the debris doing as he was ordered. It was a difficult order. Trying to find a wrecked ship that was still in orbit and might still have an intact cargo bay was like finding a needle in a haystack. Fortunately, there were more than a few candidates. The science officer sent them to Comeau's screen with no promises they'd find what they were looking for.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Tue May 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Comeau nodded to Ryan. "Pick your away team, and move fast. Do whatever you have to to get the job done. We need this. And if you see any weaponry, bring it back - carefully."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Wed May 14, 2014 8:05 pm

"Aye sir, my suggestion is we check out more than one of those wrecks. We have two shuttles, we can send two teams. One led by me and the other led by (forgot the characters name at the moment). That way we can double our efforts."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Wed May 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Comeau nodded. "Whatever you need. Be careful, Ryan. And keep me updated. I'm hoping we don't have to deal with any trouble, but today's gotten too hairy for my tastes."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Wed May 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Ryan nodded in return and let himself out of the harness. He quickly left the bridge and began preparations for an away mission.

It wasn't much later that their worst fears came to life. The sensor officer reported a fast moving blip leaving the surface. It was a small space to ground shuttle, the sort owned by the very rich and powerful.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus Thu May 15, 2014 12:50 am

Comeau frowned at the blip on the screen. "Communications, warn that ship to stand down, and inform them that we are under orders to fire on them if they continue. Also, check for any signs of tampering in or communications with earth."
jesatanus
jesatanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu May 15, 2014 9:08 am

"All codes cleared, sir. The orders are legit from the highest authority." A few moments later the comms officer continued with a heavy frown. "Sir, they're not answering our hails."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next