Episode 1: Waking into Darkness

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 1: Waking into Darkness

Post by jesatanus on Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Barrett turned to the Admiral, noticing his grin.
"Well, sir, I believe the next setting to view would be the bridge, unless you have anything more urgent in mind?"
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 pm

MacKellen nodded and sharply stood at ease. "I'll be sure to make preparations, sir. With all due respect, sir, I don't know about the other departments, but I guarantee you we won't let you down, sir."

Forscythe grinned a little. Unbeknownst to Barret, MacKellen was, by far, the hardest individual to bring on board, and by far was the most skilled. Forscythe wholeheardedly believed that the department militant should be the strongest aspect of the ship.

Scratch
Admin

View user profile http://darkeningstars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Mon May 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Barrett nodded.
"I would appreciate that. Contact me once preparations are done. If you need anything in the meantime, let me know. I look forward to the tour."
He nodded approval, impressed with the answer MacKellen gave.
"As you were."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Sun May 28, 2017 12:11 am

"No sir, everything is five by five." Ian's stance and manner were unmovable. "The crew is ideal sir. However, with all due respect, sir, if they hadn't been they would have to be a load of rejects in order for you to know. I understand you're the new CO, sir, but I handle my own. If you were to find out about it, sir, I don't think I'd be doing my job." He quickly glanced at the crew and then back to his new captain. "If you would like a tour, sir, I would be more than glad to offer you one. I'm still familiarizing myself with the ship, but I know the ship's weapon systems like the back of my hand."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Sat May 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Barrett returned salute. The professionalism of this man impressed upon him.
"Simply familiarizing myself with the ship and her crew. Schematics never do the same justice that a personal tour does."

He turned his head past Mackellen's shoulder, noting the bustle of people, yet again.
"How are the preparations going? Is there anything I should be made aware of?"

He turned his head back to face his weapons officer.
"And most importantly, how are your staff functioning?"
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Sat May 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Mackellen stood in the midst of the weapons bay with a PADD in one hand and pointing directions with the other. Mackellen was an imposing man. A long jagged scar ran down the right side of his face and his right eye was clearly a prosthetic; it was either a bad one, because it was a milky white orb with a ring of light blue, which didn't match his real eye, or a purposeful decision. Whatever the case, his imposing air wasn't limited to his face, his gait and form also spoke of someone who meant business.

Mackellen glanced in the Admiral's and his new captain's direction. He turned and made his way through the busy crowd of workers who cleared a way for him. He stopped sharply before the two men and gave a salute which was just as sharp as his stride.

"Sir's" He said in a distinctly businesslike monotone voice. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

The admiral simply saluted back, not uttering a word.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Barrett cast his eyes about the room, looking for whoever might be his weapons officer. He was intrigued by the quantity of torpedoes being loaded, and was eager to hear from Ian.
"I'm rather interested in these weapons systems, too, Admiral. I like to know what I'm armed with, whether it be a slingshot or a torpedo array. I'd also like to find out who's going to be behind the swing."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 pm

"Of course. I imagine your weapons officer Ian Mackellen will be there overseeing the loading of your various provisions." He smiled as he made his way out of the med bay and down towards the turbo-lifts. "I have to admit, the weapons system on the ship were a special focus for me. After all, we're not Starfleet regular....our mission is to hardly Boldly go..." He stepped into the turbo-lift and announced their destination. "Section 31 has the history of being a shoot first organization."

When they entered the weapons bay, it became clear the weapons bay was more of a torpedo storage room as many of the ships weapon systems were decentralized and placed along the hull. The entire room was littered with torpedoes of various sorts. Hover lifts were busy loading torpedoes into storage bays and the entire bay, in general, was a hub of activity.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:36 am

Barrett considered for a brief moment, and turned towards the Admiral.
"Weapons, before I see the bridge. It seems to be on our way, anyway."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Forscythe nodded. "Where to next, captain?"

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:23 am

Barrett nodded. "I get it. Brain plasticity. If you lead by example, I'm sure the team can be trained. Again, if you require anything particular that may expedite your work, make sure I know."
He turned his head to the Admiral, and nodded his satisfaction at the introduction.
"Shall we?"
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Varosa paused and set the PADD down on table. "Well..." She leaned forward and crossed her fingers top of the desk. "Some more....forward flexible thinkers would be appreciated." She put special emphasis on the word flexible. "But I don't know how one would teach that. Of course, one can always try. Minds are, after all, fluid by nature."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:28 am

The captain could appreciate the humor. "I'll try to keep us away from any interstellar daycares. In what areas would you say the crew need the most improvement?"
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:41 am

Varosa nodded. "I shall keep that in mind, captain." She glanced up slowly from the padd she was working on. "I shall endeavor to be a model for the crew. Hopefully, we don't have to cure a plague in the near future." She smiled softly. "I don't think I can teach the crew and cure a plague at the same time."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:23 pm

Barrett understood, but felt the need to be clear.
"I assume you understand then, that my hope for you is to help these capable minds learn to be the leading ones. Now, if you require any materials to that end, be sure to let me know."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 pm

"It is quite remarkable given the nature of this ship. The capabilities I have given the technology available to me is quite pleasing. The crew leave a little to be desired, however. I suppose I cannot ask for the most leading minds, but they are a capable group."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:15 am

Barrett was intrigued by the Romulan presence on board, but remained unperturbed.

"Simply the initial headaches of pre-flight. Getting to know the practical potentials of the ship, section by section, crew by crew. The med-bay happened to be next on the list. I should like your opinion on the state of the med bay."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Forscythe nodded solomly. "I suppose that would be another priority area to familiarize yourself with...here's to hoping you don't need it."

Thomas stood by awkwardly until the pair left the bay. The walk to the turbolift was a quick one. Another occurrance washed upon Barrett; the halls were tiny compared to most ships. It was barely large enough to fit two men abreast. Forscythe and Barrett both consumed most of the hall forcing others to either step aside or the pair to occasionally step into single file.

The trip to the medbay was even quicker. One of the benefits of being on a small ship, one could suppose. The bay looked quite advanced. Many blinking and shiny devices littered the bay and it seemed as though the ships medical bay could possibly be one of the most advanced areas on the ship.

In the distant corner of the room, a Romulan woman sat looking rather uncomfortable in a standard issue Section 31 uniform looking over a PADD trying to look like she didn't notice the two newcomers to the medical bay.

"This is Varosa. She's a...special attache...to the ships roster." He strode to the desk. "Varosa, this is your new captain. Lt. Commander Ben Barrett."

"Neither one of you seem to be injured. I would hope you're not here for a headache..." Varosa said emotionlessly not looking up from her PADD.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Barrett considered for a moment.
"Might as well move on to medical. Seems a logical next step."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:23 pm

"Aye, aye sir...I'll be...I'll be sure to keep an eye open for a friendly visit." Thomas smiled briefly. "If that's all sir....there really is a lot to do...."

Forscythe seemed to fade back into the light. "Well, captain, what next?"

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Barrett nodded.
"I'll gladly take you up on that, some other time. After all, We'll be serving aboard the same ship. My time with the good Admiral is likely to be more limited. I'll be back as soon as I have some spare time. In the meantime, see to it that she has no intention of shaking herself apart once we set sail."

He turned himself toward the admiral, with a slight smile on his face.
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:18 am

Thomas' eyes darted from Forscythe to Barret and back again. "Well, uhm...in that case..." His hands writhed behind his back. "Do you want a tour, uhm, sir?" He laughed nervously. "We've got quite the state of the art ship here. Takes a great mind to keep her running efficiently, if I don't say so myself. It's a mishmash of technologies, really. I'm surprised she hasn't shaken herself apart and blown this entire facility....of course, that's probably because I'm behind the watch."

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:06 pm

Barrett let out a chuckle and looked around the engine room some more.
"I wouldn't go that far, as long as the mistake has been learned from. I trust you're distracted by work, so it can slide this time."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:09 pm

The blood drained from Thomas' face and he looked like someone was playing hopscotch over his grave. "I...uh...well...uh...." His hands writhed as he attempted to figure out a way to explain away his carelessness. "Sir, I, uh...you see...I've been very distracted." He sighed heavily. "I just lost myself a job, didn't I?"

Forscythe stepped back, seemingly disappearing into the background of the engineering bay, and waited to see how the new captain would handle the situation.

Scratch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jesatanus on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Barrett chuckled to himself.
"I know my way around with an engineering kit, if that's what you're asking."
He leaned in slightly and shrank his voice to a whisper.
"A quick word to the wise. Check the chevrons, before engaging conversation. You never know who's a hardass in authority."

He stood up straight again.
"I'll see to it that someone can lend a hand."
jesatanus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top